...And Let There Be Light

After driving my new-to-me van I thought it was odd that Honda didn't make the clock light backlit. I started searching a Odyssey forum for some information and was surprised to find that it indeed should light up and that this is a common issue in the dash. Some were even delivered brand new with a non-working light for the clock.  80% of the people on the forum had luck by just smacking the dash around the clock.  Apparently it is a poor design and a few good wacks can set it back in place.  

I tried the wack-the-dash method and got one bright flash and then...nothing.  I pulled it all apart to find out I had wacked it right out if its socket and it was lost in the dash somewhere.  I put it all back togther and ordered a new bulb.  Michael and I tackled it last night.

We started by removing the climate control panel on the right
 
We then removed the panel on the left side of the steering wheel
We had to remove those panels to get to the 8 screws that held the top panel in place. 
All to replace this itty bitty bulb...I give you my partner in crime, Michael:
We started at 7:34 and ended at 8:05. 
 $3 and a half hour of our time resulted in a nicely backlit clock.
Before:
After...YAY!
During the process we located 4 more bulbs that should light up. 
Now I have to order more bulbs. :)

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Is there no end to your amazing feats? I just look at you and shake my head!! You are so like your Father in that respect!! Yippee for you and Michael. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! I would have been terrified to try that thinking that FOR SURE I would break something or never get it to go back where it was supposed to go. Such a testimony to your kids! WTG Melissa & Michael!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts