Solo Fest 2011

Michael and Elsa both competed in Solo Fest for the 1st time.  Thankfully I was able to peel myself off the couch (after my previous day of the flu) to see them.  Michael sang and Elsa played her clarinet.  Ok, get ready for some mom bragging time.  There are only 6 levels to choose from all the way through high school.  Michael sang a level 4 solo and earned an outstanding and qualified for All-State!  He was the only level 4 to receive an outstanding from that judge.  *proud beaming mama*  Elsa also did a level 4 for her clarinet.  The judge was flabbergasted that she chose a level 4 for her first time. She missed an outstanding by one point but no one in the grade above her played a level 4 so she most likely just qualified for All-State 1 year early! *more proud beaming mama*



 

This now concludes my shameless bragging on the kids. 
I try not to be "that" mom too often so I hope you all might be able to forgive this one :)

Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts