Who Am I?

Had you asked me that question 5 months ago I could have given you a solid answer.  A child of God, mom, office manager, worship leader, foster mom-to-be, friend, daughter, sister, etc...

So much has changed. 

I feel like I don't know who I am anymore...or maybe more like I am not sure where I fit in.

The past 5 months have been intense for us:

Major surgery
Closing of the clinic where I was employed
4 long months of staying in recovery mode
Depending on others for my basic needs
Turning down foster children
Stepping down from my leadership position at church
Cancelling our December Disney Trip

I have become an unemployed, church seeking, dependent on others, loving mom.

Even though I am stumbling around trying to figure out how to make sense of our new lives, I surely have not missed the Lord's hand in so much of the positive that has happened during this time. We have been blessed to the point of tears so many times this season.

I may not know where this road ends, but I do know that my God is unchangeable-unshakable-unstoppable, and I need not fear that this same God who has carried me this far will drop me now.

Photobucket

Comments

  1. You are Melissa Cole, A woman after Gods own heart...I have been struggling with that question also. But God Loves you and he will never leave you nor forsake you. We are His Children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an AMAZING women!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts