Sing, Sing a Song...or Not




I was pretty excited for my ENT consult today.  For the past year I have struggled singing and my speaking voice has taken on a life of its own.  I was all ready to fix this issue.  Unfortunately after the scope I was told this may just be my new life.  I don't know a lot about it yet, but apparently my boisterous and enthusiastic demeanor and go-for it singing attitude is causing tearing in my vocal chords.

I was told after my surgery last August that I had polyps on my vocal chords and to have that checked out.  So I have now had that checked and I am less than thrilled with this ENT's version of my future singing prospects. 

I am considering getting a second opinion as my voice issues were very sudden and started with an illness last May.  I am hoping that there is something that can be done to at least enable me to sing a full verse during a hymn or to get through a song at church without squaking or squeaking.  But if truth be told, I want my full voice back.



*His recommendation was for me to speak very mono tone, using the least amount of words possible, in extremely short sentences, with huge deep breaths between them.  He said I needed to train myself to speak this way for the rest of my life...and there was no guarantee that this would solve anything.  For those of you who know me know that this is like asking me to pick up my van and piggy back it to Ohio*


Comments

  1. Well for one I think you should try the piggyback thing to Ohio! I really miss all of you. But seriously, my heart hurts for you. I am praying God's best for you in this situation. I am praying for a complete healing. Hugs to you my Mama Bear. I know how disappointed you are. Wish I could fix this for you. Sending lots of love and Hugs, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts