Lost in the Shuffle

It's amazing how your life can get lost in the shuffle sometimes.  We have spent the last year ministering to 2 very young boys, and not that this was all we did, it certainly has taken up a good deal of our time.  Michael and Elsa have had to step up to the plate, so to speak, and they have done fabulous!  They have grown up so quickly during this past year and I often view them as older than 11 and 13.

As Elsa was going to bed tonight I jokingly asked her if she wanted me to tuck her in.  She said yes.  So we went upstairs and we giggled as I first wrapped her sheet around her and then tightly tucked her in the rest of the way with her quilt.  As I turned off the light and said goodnight I recognized it isn't the "tucking" that makes a goodnight special, it's the fact that Mama is there.  Mama took the time to make me feel important and even let me feel like a little girl again. 

I think I feel like Elsa sometimes.  Knowing that my God is there, tucking me in.  Letting me have peace like a little girl again.  The assurance that His very presence is Love. 



Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts