Marvin Jinglesnitt is back!

We've been working harder here to incorporate more of an Advent mind set, and it's been nice to see the kids responding positively to it.  I gotta admit it's sometimes difficult keeping the attention of these little boys, but the reward is seeing their little minds start to comprehend the greatest story ever told, and it warms my heart!   

I've had fun the past two years with Marvin the Elf, and the kids were happy to see that he was back!  I started a few days late, but they didn't seem to care.  We don't do the whole Santa thing, so I wasn't sure how the elf would play into our Christmas prep, but so far it's been just more of a fun guy who makes them laugh.  I did come across a fun letter introducing the Elf on the Shelf in a neat way, but seeing as my biggers are clear on Christmas and my littles have always had Marvin here, I didn't seem to think an explanation was needed...so he just showed up one night...planking on our Christmas tree star:



Everyone thought he was silly, and got a laugh out of it, all except Chase.  He was a bit terrified and wouldn't look directly at him.  Any time I mentioned Marvin he bowed his head and made the boo-boo face.  He kept a 3-4 foot distance from the tree all day.  Other than that, I think Marvin's return was a smashing success!
 
 Photobucket

Comments

Popular Posts