FCS Dessert Theatre

We came straight from our trip to States to see Michael sing Saturday night at Dessert Theatre.  We missed the first night because we were away seeing Tess, but word on the street was that Michael rocked it!  My phone started blowing up Friday night with reports of awe and excitement over his performances.  One song, Electric Avenue, was only slated for Friday night, and I was bummed we missed it as there was a bit of a petition going around on Facebook for it to be brought back for Saturday as well.  I knew it had to have been quite entertaining for that kind of support. 

We were so happy we made it in time, and I was somehow able to talk the director into adding Electric Avenue into the Saturday line-up.  The crowd was thrilled and the boys were excited to get another chance to perform it, but the highlight of my evening was Michael's solo, Let it Be.  I cried.  His guitar mic was acting up and he took it all in stride, abandoning the guitar, grabbing the vocal mic, getting up, and improvising without the guitar, making it all feel seamless.  He has come such a long way, and I know God's not done with him yet!  He is already planning songs for next year, with the hopes of singing I Can Only Imagine.  I think he has found his niche!








I have better videos to come, but these iPhone captures will have to do for now:



Comments

Popular Posts