Mardi Gras Royalty Court

Michael and Elsa had both been nominated as their class royalty, and Michael was also up for School King.  I got a call earlier in the week letting me know that unfortunately Michael was out of the running, but Elsa had won class Queen, and that parents were invited to sneak in to be there for crowning and for pictures.  Well, I wasn't going to turn that down!

Michael and Jarod ready for the dance:

 Elsa and her friends ready to go!


I walked on over to the school and was quickly ushered into a side hallway with all the other parents of the Kings and Queens.  It was funny to be all sneaky and hunkered down with these other parents.  We made small talk and I got to meet some people I only knew from passing, so it wasn't all awkward.  Ha!  We waited about 15 minutes before entering the back of the gym.  The lights were low and the spot lights were on the stage, so we came in undetected.  Before long they started calling up the class Queens and Kings.

  
Elsa's class King was Micah, the friend she shaved her head for last year, but he wasn't feeling well enough to attend the dance, so they crowned his twin sister Lydia instead.  It was very cute.






Traditional first dance with the King and Queen.  Ha!



I sneaked through the dark and found Michael dancing with his friend, which made for a lovely picture:


When they got home, they both reported that they had a blast, and it turns out Michael wasn't disappointed that he didn't win a royalty title.  I'm glad they had fun, and super glad that they invited the parents!

Comments

Popular Posts