Irony

So...a bit of a background:

Michael struggled quite a bit last semester. He was calling home up to 4 times a day and his anxiety was leading to lots of time in the nurses office...he really felt sick and was sure he needed to come home. Well, something needed to change so we came together as a group (all his teachers and people who work with him at school) to find some solutions in helping him make it through the school day and we came up with a great game plan.

He was excited about the new direction and we talked about it often over the weekend. Today at 2:40 I got a call from the nurse...Michael was sick with a temp of 101 and she wanted to know if I would be so kind as to come and pick him up.

I brought him home and he rested for a while. When I went to check on him he was muttering about how ironic it was that today was the day he would actually have a fever and need to come home...the day he worked so hard to not call home. I think it was his adult way of referring to irony that made me laugh so hard.

He seems to be feeling better and now I wonder what will happen tomorrow.

LOL

I mowed the lawn today for the first time as a homeowner of this home and what did I do? I mowed over the pull cord. I got the stinking thing started and the cord didn't retract. Of course I didn't notice it until I pulled the mower backwards and heard the tell tale "you ran over something you shouldn't have" sound. Now I have to figure out how to fix that.

We spent the rest of the evening training Oscar to stay in his invisible fence (Elsa has been such a helper with this) and going through closets to clean out the "too small" items and determine what we really like. What a good feeling it is to be all cleaned out and organized.

Comments

Popular Posts