Michael's Camping Diary


We sure did miss our Michael while he was gone! He came home with lots of bug bites, lots of dirt, lots of stories, some pictures, and a short little diary of sorts.  He is so excited for next year and even asked to sleep on the floor tonight...as if he has some how forgotten how to sleep in a bed. :)

I hope you enjoy a peek into his wonderful trip:

DAY 1
Nothings happened so far, but I've met some nice people Jack and Kevin.  We're camping in the college and it's going to be fun.  I couldn't sleep, so at 11:00 or 12:00pm I had to run around the jogging track to fall asleep.

DAY 2
Still nothing so far, but we are traveling to Georgia.  I know everyones names: little Kevin, Kevin, Zeb, Dylan, Rob, Billy, Jack, Tim, Eli, Allen, and Jaynie. 

DAY 3
We arrived in Georgia and we went canoeing today.  I was the duffer so I couldn't really do anything.  We also got cornered by an alligator! Eeeek!! It looked mad, but we got around it safely.  There were also about 40 people in canoes going the other way and we almost crashed!

DAY 4
We went canoeing again today, and I was duffer half the way and horse power the other!  It was fun, but I wouldn't be horse power again.  We also went to Florida today.  I saw a Great Blue Heron, a Limpkin, a Commen Warlen (sp?), and an alligator.  When we went to the Okefenokee shop, there was this mechanical guy who would tell stories about Okefenokee.  We all sat down and listened.

DAY 5
We went to go canoeing today and instead of horse power I did steering!  When I go canoeing again I'm going to steer.  The people behind us (Kevin and Billy) tipped their canoe twice!  We also went snorkeling in a lake and there were these huge caves for scuba diving.  I lost my purity ring in the lake. :(

DAY 6
We went canoeing once again, but we were all tired, so we took the short route.  We moved to a different campsite.  We got to swim in the lake that we went canoeing in and I got stuck in the current!  Someone had to pull me out and put me on their boat.  There was also like this 7 foot drop off that I fell in.  We got into a sand fight with Billy and Jack.  We threw sand at each other.  I also saw an armadillo in the woods and ran across the road.

DAY 7
We went to the beach today.  I went under the water most of the time! (I had goggles).  I had a fun time but I got sunburned.

DAY 8
We went to Eli's cousins house today.  We also traveled all day.  We went to CiCi's Pizza for dinner.  It's really good.  It's like Big Al's, but better pizza!

Day 9
We're traveling home today. My DS dies and so did my Ipod.  The camera is dead and I wished you would have given me the extra battery pack.  I'm stuck reading my book.  I beat the final boss on my game, and I saved, but right after that my DS died.

CONCLUSION
I lost 3 things on this trip.  My flashlight, my sunglasses, and my purity ring.  :(  Rob also found my shoes on the ground at the beach.





*Michael asked for his diary to be posted so everyone could read it*


Photobucket

Comments

  1. Crying as I read this!!!!! How great is our God , sing with me how great is our God, All will see how great, How GREAT is our God. Praising Him for loving Michael and keeping our hearts in His grasp as we waited for word about our beloved "camper". There really are no words for what I am feeling in my heart. Thank You God, Thank You

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts