Splash Lagoon

Oh the excitement of taking the oldest three away overnight to Splash Lagoon!!  I bargained with Michael that if he got all B's we would take a trip there, and wouldn't you know it...he made the honor roll!  The littlest two stayed with good friends and the rest of us ventured off on Saturday.

Easton was soooo excited to be going.  He didn't know what Splash Lagoon was, but he knew it was something special.  We pulled out of our driveway and he was really upset and he yelled "my tant see it!".  We explained that we had to drive a while to get there and the rest of the trip went smoothly.  Before we knew it we were changed into swimsuits and enjoying all the fun!



Easton and Elsa with the Parrot:


When we first got there, Michael and Elsa went to do their own thing and Easton and I hung out.  Elsa found us after a few hours and took Easton on the Maui Waui. He LOVED it!  I was worried he might chicken out, but apparently I forgot who I was dealing with.  This boy has NO fear.  hahahahaha He zoomed down and wanted to do it over and over...

Waiting in line:




   More slides:



There is a humungous bucket that dumps a 1000 gallons of water every 10 minutes or so.  The horn sounds and people either run to it or run away.  Easton and Elsa ran right to it and got soaked.  He loved, loved, loved it!  I love this picture of the two of them.  She is such a good big sister.


Elsa had joined us, but we just couldn't find Michael.   When he did finally show up I snapped a few pictures afraid he might slip away again.



We were waiting for Easton and Elsa to come down the Maui Waui again and I looked over to see him standing like this.  I was so struck by how much he has grown and matured this year.  This is not a boy standing here...this is a young man.  The years have gone by quickly.


This boy loves the water!


It was nearing 5:30 so we returned to our hotel room to order pizza and get Easton settled for bed, but not before his very first hotel "jumping on the bed" adventure.  He was a riot, barely lifting off the bed with every jump, but I bet he felt like he was flying!  hahahahaha



It was really fun to be with just the older three.
Easton got a lot of extra attention and he loved it!


Elsa and I lounged in the big whirlpool tub and imagined what we would do if we were rich...


...while the boys watched Wonder Pets on the computer:


Our pizza arrived and we made short work of it.  At 7pm the big kids returned for more water fun.  It was great to stay at a hotel attached to the water park.  When the kids left Easton went right to bed.  I didn't hear a peep from him until 6:30 the next morning. The water and the excitement knocked him out.  Elsa and Michael quietly came back in once the park closed and we all slept well.

We ate a nice continental breakfast in the lobby, in our jammies.  Easton thought this was great fun!  Back to the room to pack up and we were ready to check out of the hotel at 8:30 and return to Splash Lagoon for day 2!  We were ready and waiting for the doors to open and we were among the first few to enter the park.  Michael and Elsa rushed off to ride some tube rides before the lines got too insane.  We spent the rest of the day enjoying as much as we could before we departed at 3pm to journey home and pick up the littlest two.

Michael and Elsa had a blast and I really enjoyed the one-on-one time with Easton.  I tried to imagine how this trip would have gone if I had brought all three babies, and each time I tried to picture it I felt like I was going to throw up.  Ha!  We wouldn't have made it 5 minutes in there with everyone, so it was lovely to be able to enjoy the time like we did.

My favorite moment of the trip is something I will probably never forget.  Easton and I were in the wave pool bobbing up and down with each crashing wave.  I was keeping him above the water and had him facing forward toward the waves so he could see each one of them coming.  At one point he quickly flipped himself around and grabbed me around the neck and with only a few inches between our faces said "thank you, Mama!"  His face was full of so much joy and love.  I have seen joy before and I have seen love, but never like this...and never together.  My heart was so full of happiness! 

...and yes, I cried...



Photobucket

Comments

  1. As always, I love your blog. You have a way of making us feel like we are all there. The pics are a plus and add so much to the excitement. Thanks for sharing with us and making us a part of your adventureslove ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts