A Friend for Michael

Michael doesn't make friends easily...why? I don't know. Is it his autistic qualities that create the barrier, or is it just a simple personality thing where friends don't yet mean as much as video games? Whatever the issue we have hit the age where he recognizes his lack of friends. Moving to a new school surely couldn't have helped this much.

But a wonderful thing has happened. He has made a friend at his new school. Jerod came for a sleep over and what a delight it is to see Michael enjoy the company of a friend. It blessed my heart when Jerod raised his creme soda bottle and said "To best friends!" and Michael and he clinked bottles. Elsa got in on the next clink and I was tickled to get a picture:



Elsa has been a good sport with this new turn of events. She wasn't sure what to do with herself as she is usually the one who has the friends over. I thought the morning might be dull for her so we decided to make pancakes...and she got to prepare them and flip them. She took her job very seriously! She wore my OveGlove (thanks Beeg...I use it all the time) and learned the fine art of pancake flipping. I usually have 3-4 I over or undercook...not Elsa. She watched those pancakes like a hawk...and they were good!



We decided Elsa should be the official pancake flipper!

Comments

  1. Yeah for Elsa!! Pancake flipping is certainly an exact science!! She can flip pancakes for me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a Great friend!! So happy for Michael. Is that why they didn't take me up on my offer to play Mario Kart? Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts