A Visit From Sarah and Steve

Aunt Sarah and (soon to be) Uncle Stephan came for a weekend visit and we really had a lovely time. After a bit of a "long-cut" they arrived and we quickly headed to Letchworth State Park. We were trying to beat the imminent rain and we were successful.



Oscar got to come this time too! He was a pretty good boy. He started off wheezing quite a bit (he has asthma) but it seemed the longer we went the better his asthma was. Here he is taking in the sights:

It was a beautiful day!

On the way home:




Click here to see all the pictures we took at Letchworth!
We came home and everyone hung out while I grilled up some chicken...it was so windy that the grill didn't want to stay lit. It was obvious that we didn't leave Letchworth a moment too soon! After dinner we watched some TV and then we played Pass the Pigs. We celebrated Mothers Day before bed as I leave so early for worship team practice on Sunday mornings and the kids retrieved their gifts from a "special" hiding place. They are so sweet.
The kids got the special treat of camping out on the living room floor while we watched the Cavs game. GO CAVS!
Everyone met for the morning service and then it was out to lunch at the Chuck Wagon (thanks for the lunch Sarah and Steve). Jody, Janell and her fiance Mike joined us and a good time was had by all! Good food, good friends, and good family...the perfect recipe for feeling good.
Sarah and Stephan had to leave and we had to travel home where I had the honor of taking a much needed nap! LOL
And so here I sit, ending the day that honors moms and thinking about how lucky I am to be a mom. My kids aren't perfect, but they are mine...and without them I don't know who I would be. They make me a better person. So on this day where it is customary to thank mom, I thank them. Michael and Elsa, I love you more than you can fathom...that is until you too become parents some day!

Comments

Popular Posts