Crafts by the Crazy Lady

Sometimes I feel prepared.  Sometimes I feel like I have it all controlled.  But sometimes I fly around the house in a flurry of chaos, creativity, determination and frustration.  The kids do their best to side step me when this happens, but sometimes they can't move fast enough when the tornado, that is their mom, twirls through.  Today was one of those days.

Last year I found a super cute valentine idea for Easton and was excited to make it happen.  Some point along the way I decided to skip it and found a clearanced box of Toy Story valentines.  I liked that it was a bit different and had matching pencils, so I  made my peace with the store-boughtedness of it all.  They only needed the to and froms filled out, so I left it to the last minute.

Fast forward to the last minute.  His valentines are due tomorrow.  When he stepped off the bus at 3 I decided we were forgoing the pencils and we were kicking it up a notch and doing the super cute idea from last year.  I wish I could say I was patient while taking his picture.  I wish I could say I sat down and ate dinner with my family instead of rushing off to get the photos printed.  I wish I could say I was as gracious as my olders were tonight.  I can't say any of that, but I can tell you I am very blessed.

They turned out like I hoped they would, but next time I will try to be a little more prepared, and try not to let the crazy lady have control.



Comments

Popular Posts