Eagles Wings


The kids school puts out a yearly compilation of teacher nominated essays for the 1st - 6th graders called Eagles Wings. Michael wasn't nominated, but someone in charge saw his story hanging in the hall, enjoyed it and decided to add it to the booklet. And here it is:


One rainy summer morning, I woke up to thunder and lightening. When I went to go watch TV, the phone rang. My mom got to it first, I asked her if I could go to my friend's house that day, but then quickly remembered that it was raining.

I told my mom that I was just about to go to my friend's house, but it was too rainy and I was disappointed. She felt bad and said "That's too bad, I know lets bake some cookies". I was excited about the idea, so I said sure! So we got some cookie batter, some chocolate chips, and some utensils. Then we got to work. We mixed up the batter and put little pieces on a cookie sheet.

When we were done, we put the cookies in the oven. While I waited, I noticed that it had stopped raining. I ran out to play outside, but then I thought to myself, I should really finish the cookies with my mom. So I went back inside. I played video games instead. I heard the timer go off, so we ran to the kitchen.

Next, it was on to toppings. We got some sprinkles, frosting, M&Ms, and chocolate chips. First we put on the frosting. Then we sprinkled on the sprinkles. Then for other cookies, we saved the M&Ms and chocolate chips. Then it came to me, since it stopped raining, we could bring the cookies over to my friend's house. So we went to my friend's house and shared our cookies, he said that they were the sweetest cookies he had ever tasted!


I love my Michael!

Comments

  1. This story is really cute! A good reminder of surrender, even in the small things...and how God honors it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you don't bake cookies. Is there a moral to the story?!!!! I love that Michael.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts