In the Blink of an Eye


Michael turned 12.

Since when did I tell him he could grow up?

It was bound to happen. I can't stop it anymore than you can. He is almost a teenager and the roller coaster ride begins!



He wanted to go rollerskating for his birthday and have a sleepover. So that is what we did.



No one told me that Friday night rollerskating had prerequisites. Apparently you must be a teen, know some very foul language, be obnoxious, and pick on the 12 year old kids in order to skate. One whipper snapper kept following me around mocking me because I wouldn't give him a high five. I suddenly felt very old...even older than having a 12 year old son. (I did end up giving that young man a high five, by the way)
Thankfully the management swapped out our skating passes for some go-cart passes and much fun was had by all!


They even did a bit of the batting cages. Some college kids were trying to get me to participate in the batting. I begged off with the excuse of only having enough tokens for the kids...all the while secretly wanting to hit a few. In the end they offered a token and the boys watched while I hit 11 of the 12...it was nice to know I can still impress my son! Another round of go-carting and it was time to go home.

Click here for the rest of the pictures.

Michael has enjoyed this birthday and I guess him growing up isn't all that bad. I love him more every day and who knew someone could hold so much love in their heart for their children.


Happy Birthday Michael. You are truly one of a kind!

Comments

Popular Posts