I Need Some Prayer...

.
.
Well, in 2005 I had an L3-4 discectomy. That means they removed that disc. They removed it because it had shattered and was poking my spine causing severe pain. I was also loosing the function of my right leg. I spent almost 2 years in a back brace, after the surgery, and some small ups and downs since then...but nothing like this.

We were walking our Oscar near a stream and he was doing fine, but all of a sudden he decided he was going into that stream and really went for it. I felt something "snap" in my low back and we quickly headed home. I have been babying it since then, but it has now progressed to the point of having to use my cane, almost constant laying down to relieve the pain down my legs, and Advil and ice to reduce the swelling.

Best case scenario is I am up and around sometime this week, worse case scenario is loosing the function of my legs, among other things. OK...that is REALLY worse case scenario and highly unlikely...my reality worse case is another surgery. I must admit I am pretty concerned.

God has been faithful through this ordeal and I don't discredit that He will continue to be faithful. I also know the power of prayer. My prayer is for total healing. I would appreciate any and all prayers you may be able to offer.

My sister and her fiance have agreed to be foster parents to our Oscar. He is incredibly strong and it is no longer wise for me to be taking care of him. We, as a family, are so sad. Please pray for us as we are heart broken to see him leave. As long as everything goes as planned he will go to live on a 5 acre property in Ohio mid August. We are thankful that his new home will be with people we know, people who love him dearly, and people who know just how naughty he is...and STILL love him! :)

My kids have been taking care of most of the household chores, and friends and family have blessed me beyond belief as well.

Thank you for your prayers.

Our God is an awesome God...and He is in control of this situation.

Comments

  1. My heart aches for you. My husband had back surgery last year...what an ordeal...and for you to experience such great pain again and being a single mom...phew...many hugs and blessings your way. Wish I lived closer so I could help out

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts